- Te Manawa Taki Regional Equity Plan 2020-2023 [PDF, 5.4 MB] (published October 2020)
HealthShare the shared services agency jointly owned by the Te Manawa Taki district health boards (Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Lakes, Hauora Tairāwhiti and Taranaki), produced the Regional Equity Plan which includes key outputs and outcome measures that will guide progress towards achieving health equity at a regional level.
- Waikato DHB Health System Plan, Te Korowai Waiora [PDF, 2.8 MB] (published August 2019)
A 10 year plan that sets out a pathway to meet the challenges of the future and to have a Waikato health system that works for our communities.
- Waikato DHB Resource Review [PDF, 3.5 MB] (published June 2019)
A commissioned review of Waikato DHB’s resources, to ascertain whether they are adequately allocated within the organisation, and identify areas where improvements can be made without compromising clinical safety and outcomes. The review focuses mainly on Waikato Hospital.
- Waikato DHB Strategy [PDF, 6.6 MB] (published 2016)
Developed after community consultation in 2016, the strategy established Waikato DHB’s vision and mission, and six strategic imperatives.
Key publications and policies
Key publications and policies
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2021-22 [PDF, 2.2 MB] including Statement of Performance Expectations and the Waikato System Level Measure Plan.
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2020-21 [PDF, 2.5 MB]
- Waikato DHB Annual Report 2019-20 [PDF, 5.9 MB]
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2019-20 [PDF, 4.9 MB]
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2018-19 [PDF, 2.1 MB]
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2017-18 [PDF, 702 KB]
- Waikato DHB Annual Plan 2016-17 [PDF, 6.3 MB]
Equity Report, Rapua Te Ara Matua
Human Resources and Organisational Development
Mental Health and Addictions
Midland Regional DHBs
Suicide Prevention and Postvention
Tumu Whakarae is the National Reference Group of Māori Health Strategy Managers within
District Health Boards.
- Tumu Whakarae Submission to Government Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction [PDF, 4.9 MB]
- Tumu Whakarae - Final report of Riki Nia Nia as Chair July 2020 [PDF, 9.9 MB]
Waikato Health Trust
Waikato DHB developed a set of position statements on identified public health issues.
The purpose of these position statements is to provide high level documents representing Waikato DHB’s position as an organisation on these issues, and to clarify the organisation’s position for Waikato DHB staff.
- Nutrition and Physical Activity [PDF, 370 KB]
- Gambling [PDF, 511 KB]
- Alcohol harm [PDF, 245 KB]
- Fluoride in drinking water [PDF, 127 KB]
- Housing [PDF, 400 KB]
- Immunisation [PDF, 340 KB]
- Land transport [PDF, 454 KB]
- Psychoactive substances [PDF, 308 KB]
- Tobacco Control [PDF, 223 KB]
- Urban environments [PDF, 341 KB] [PDF, 223 KB]
Some of the key Waikato DHB policies of public interest are provided below.
- Assets and Equipment policy [PDF, 145 KB]
- Capital Expenditure policy [PDF, 150 KB]
- Delegations of Authority policy [PDF, 487 KB]
- DHB National Healthy Food and Drink policy [PDF, 726 KB]
- DHB Paid Family Carer Policy for Home-Based Care [PDF, 200 KB]
- Fraud policy [PDF, 119 KB]
- Management of Policies and Guidelines [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- Māori Health policy [PDF, 172 KB]
- Media and Communications policy [PDF, 221 KB]
- Naming Rights of Waikato District Health Board Owned Facilities policy [PDF, 128 KB]
- Procurement and Contracts policy [PDF, 554 KB]
- Receiving and Giving of Gifts policy [PDF, 79 KB]
- Recovery of Overpaid Salaries and Wages policy [PDF, 105 KB]
- Risk Management policy [PDF, 271 KB]
- Smokefree policy [PDF, 183 KB]
- Sponsorship policy [PDF, 130 KB]
- Treasury Management policy [PDF, 146 KB]
- Violence Intervention Programme policy [PDF, 304 KB]
Health profiles provide data and information related to identified health priority areas and priority population groups in the Waikato DHB region.
The Early Childhood Health Profile
Designed to inform and further enhance the Population Health approach to improve early childhood health gains for children under 5 years of age.
The objectives of this profile are
- to provide access to child health data for under 5-year olds for the Waikato DHB region, and
- identify the social determinants of health that both influence and impact on the health and wellbeing of children under 5 years of age.
The Youth Wellbeing Profile
Designed to inform and further enhance the work of Public Health in education settings. It will be used to guide the understanding of health and wellbeing among young people aged 13-24 years in the Waikato DHB region.
The objectives of this profile are to:
- identify the strengths of Waikato based youth
- acknowledge potential areas of focus where additional support is needed
- explore the overlapping domains of health and education
- support a whole school approach to health and wellbeing in education settings.
Waikato DHB Māori and Pacific Health Profiles
These profiles provide a snapshot of key statistics around the health and wellbeing of the Māori and Pacific populations across the Waikato DHB region. The health indicators used in this document are reported in an info-graphic style and are structured specifically to Māori and Pacific models of health.
The main sources of statistical information contained in these documents are from Statistics NZ Census, Waikato DHB Health Register, Ministry of Health and for the Pacific profile we have been able to obtain some primary care data.
Territorial Authority (TA) Health Profiles
In 2015 a health profile was developed for each Territorial Authority (TA) within our Waikato DHB region which shows the latest statistics on demographics, key health issues, socioeconomic determinants, and projections utilising infographics. Tables show more detailed statistics such as comparisons between TA and DHB, Maori and Non-Maori, and development over time.
- Hamilton City Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 377 KB]
- Hauraki Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 351 KB]
- Matamata / Piako Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 349 KB]
- Otorohanga Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 354 KB]
- Ruapehu Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 349 KB]
- South Waikato Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 338 KB]
- Thames / Coromandel Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 350 KB]
- Waikato District Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 352 KB]
- Waipa Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 349 KB]
- Waitomo Health Profile 2015 [PDF, 351 KB]