Safety first, check to see if your gift or kind donation is suitable
We welcome a range of items to help us provide recreational activities and celebrate special events.
However, there are strict hygiene and safety criteria which need to be followed to protect unwell children from cross infection and outside germs. Please see guideline below:
- We respectfully ask that no second hand stuffed toys be donated. Soft toys are extremely hard to keep sterile and clean.
- Good condition plastic toys can be accepted if they are safe and can withstand a robust cleaning process or can be wiped with an anti-septic wipe.
- Books, toys, portable DVD’s and CD’s are great distractions but please ensure they are in good condition.
- For celebrations we can only accept new and unwrapped gifts
- Unfortunately we cannot accept any food items as gifts since some children have food allergies or follow special diets.
Follow the checklist below to see if your gift or kind donation is suitable:
- Is it clean?
- Is it in good condition?
- Can I post or deliver it to the hospital myself? (We apologise that we are not able to pick up items)
- See our wish list [PDF, 194 KB] for donations of new helpful items to support children in hospital.
If we cannot accept a gift you were considering, we thank you so much for thinking of our very busy hospital and we ask you consider other organisations that support children but do not face the same health risks as Waikato Hospital.
Any enquires about donations please contact the Play Specialist Team: 07 839 8899 extension 96747