Health Waikato is Waikato DHB's provider arm of hospital and health services with an annual budget of more than $701.6 million and 5238 staff.
It has six groups across five sites, two continuing care facilities, three birthing units, a mental health facility and 20 community bases offering a comprehensive range of primary, secondary and tertiary health services.
Read more about Health Waikato.
Did you know that we provided 26,270 surgical operations at Waikato DHB in 2011-2012?
Or that there were nearly 100,000 presentations to one of our five emergency departments and that we did 7.92 million blood tests? The statistics are staggering.
But while we do some great work, our did not attend clinics rate is less than satisfactory.
When people do not attend their clinic appointments, that is valuable health dollars wasted.
Each did not attend outpatient attendance costs Waikato DHB $150 per patient. That represents $3.258 million for the financial year.
Health Waikato groups and information
Visit the Building Programme page for more information about the new Emergency Department and Acute Services Building, the Meade Clinical Centre and Thames Birthing Unit.
- 100,000 pieces of linen washed each week
- 1500 bags of soiled linen collected daily
- 12,000 face cloths a month disappear into a big black hole
- 20 pairs of false teeth found amongst soil linen a year
- 7680 ltrs of disinfectant used for general cleaning per month
- 3840 (standard) and 2260 (jumbo) sized toilet rolls used in public toilets (Waikato Hospital only) per month
- 356 clothes and 186 mops needed to clean the new Acute Services building per daily.
Waikato DHB 'YouTube' videos