Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre
Centre of excellence for all clinical and surgical skills-based learning
About the centre
The Waikato Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre (CSSC) is a purpose-built facility for undergraduate and postgraduate training from basic level to sophisticated advanced specialist training and is a cooperative venture between Waikato Clinical School (University of Auckland) and Waikato District Health Board.
It is available for all groups including nursing, medical, surgical, allied health, general practice, paramedical and other community health groups.
The centre has comprehensive audiovisual links to surgical theatres and adjacent teaching rooms, plus a wide range of the latest skills and simulation training equipment.
Multidisciplinary and inter-departmental skills-based workshops are encouraged by use of simulated scenarios to improve teamwork, leadership and decision making.
The centre can be used by any health professional or allied group for any skills-based workshops, seminars or conferences.
Simulation training including:
- emergency resuscitation
- anaesthetics simulation
- advanced cardiac life support
- trauma management
- newborn and paediatric life support
- scenario and debriefing sessions.
Surgical Skills workshops including:
- vascular surgery
- minor plastic surgery
- obstetrics and gynaecology
- intravenous cannulation
- wide range of procedural skills
- specialist niche courses.
As well as offering a variety of specific in-house courses, our staff welcome the opportunity to work with you to develop customised courses to meet your needs.
The Waikato CSSC acknowledges the generous support of our sponsors.
Established with the help of:
- Cancer Society Waikato-BOP
- Donny Trust
- Souter Trust
- Waikato Heart Trust
- Anglesea Braemar Hospital Ltd
- Department of Anaesthetics, Waikato Hospital
- Respiratory Research Trust, Waikato Hospital
- Medical Investments
- D V Bryant Trust
- Cardiology Charitable Trust
- Norah Howell Trust
- E B Firth Trust
- Rotary District 9930
- Johnson & Johnson Medical (NZ)
- Medipak Surgical NZ Ltd-Storz
- Obex Medical Ltd
- Laerdal NZ Ltd
- Olympus NZ Ltd
- Mitsubishi Electrical
- Carl Zeiss NZ Ltd
- Cass Medical
- staff and friends of the Waikato Hospital and Waikato Clinical School.
- Rob Sinclair
Director - Waikato Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre
- Ross Lawrenson
Head of Waikato Clinical School
- Coordinator, Waikato Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre
Postal address:Waikato Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre
Waikato Clinical School
Peter Rothwell Academic Centre
Waikato Hospital Campus
Private Bag 3200
Phone:(07) 839 8750 Ext 95891
Fax:(07) 839 8712