Rural Mental Health and Addictions Serviceback to Mental & Addictions Service
Two service teams cover the rural area:
- North (Thames/Coromandel/Hauraki) with the main base in Thames and outlying services delivered in Whitianga, Waihi, Whangamata, Paeroa, Coromandel and Te Aroha.
- South (Te Awamutu, Taumarunui, Te Kuiti, & Tokoroa). Community services are delivered on the campii of the ‘Rural Hospitals’ (Thames, Taumarunui, Tokoroa and Te Kuiti). The Te Awamutu base is adjacent to the Te Awamutu Medical Centre.
Rural Community Services
Multi-disciplinary, community based teams which incorporate access to all specialist mental health and addictions services, Teams are based in:
- North (Thames)
- South (Tokoroa, Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, Te Awamutu)
- Serious mental illness
- Associated risk/disability
- Specialist MHS required
Access is through meeting the above criteria plus the specific criteria for each specialist service
Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre Acute Inpatient Ward 35 (North & South)
Inpatient beds linked to rural community teams (but with day to day bed management remaining under AMHS).
Clients have a community based keyworker from their geographical area of residence
- Client in acute stage of psychiatric illness
- Need a period of close observation/intensive investigation and treatment which is unable to be provided in the community
|Service referral centre||Phone||Fax|
|Rural – North (Thames)||(07) 868 8249 / 0800 726849||(07) 868 9206|
|Rural – South (Tokoroa)||(07) 886 4455||(07) 886 7296|
|Rural South (Te Awamutu, Te Kuiti, Taumarunui)||(07) 871 3671 / 0800 154973||(07) 870 4279|