back to Patients & visitors
Matariki is a continuing care facility and primary birthing unit located near Te Awamutu. It is situated in mature, landscaped grounds offering a restful environment for residents and clients. The buildings are all one-level with ramps for ease of access for all.
Continuing Care visiting hours
- Daytime visiting hours are unrestricted and visitors are welcome to call in at any time.
do, however, secure the front door from 8pm, or earlier due to darkness
in the winter, so please ring the bell if you arrive after this time.
time security of the building is important for both the residents and
staff, with a security service providing night time checks.
Birthing Unit visiting hours
- Visitors are welcome, however, we usually request no visiting between
12noon-2pm and 5-6pm to allow for an undisturbed rest period.
- The buildings are all one-level with ramps for ease of access for all.
- Onsite carparking at no charge.
- No public cafeteria, but plenty of cafes, banks/money machines and shops in Te Awamutu township, 5 minutes drive from Matariki.
Overnight accommodation options nearby
- There are a number of hotels and motels in the Te Awamutu area.
- Please refer to online or published accommodation guides such as the AA accommodation website.
Waikato DHB Visitor Policy
- If you have a cold, diarrhoea, viral illness or are generally feeling unwell, please do not visit patients.
- All gang regalia, patches or gang colours must be removed.
- Children under 14 must be supervised and accompanied by an adult.
- Business visitors must register at our enquiries desk and obtain a Waikato DHB visitors’ pass.
389 Kihikihi Road, Te Awamutu
How to find us
(07) 871 7479
See details on this page.
On site, at no charge.
The continuing care facility offers 24-hour care for clients who require
- long-term care
- palliative care
- respite care
convalescent care and rehabilitation.
The birthing unit
provides antenatal, birthing and postnatal facility and services for
- Matariki caseload midwife clients
- independent midwife clients.
back to top