|Patients and visitors
Patients and visitors
|Please use the menu on the left to find out information specific to our hospitals, family health teams and mental health services.
Each section contains practical information about the facilities available during your stay, how to get there, parking, visiting and links to contact information.
You will also find details of advice and support offered by various services within Waikato DHB, emergency information and feedback options.
WAIKATO HOSPITAL WARDS AND CLINICS
Visiting a patient?
11am to 1.30pm and 4pm to 8pm daily.
Please respect our patients' right to quiet time to rest and recover.
- Two visitors per patient.
- Do not visit if you have a cold, diarrhoea, viral illness or are generally feeling unwell.
- Remove all gang regalia, patches or gang colours.
- Children under 14 must be supervised and accompanied by an adult.
- Set your mobile phone to silent or vibrate.
- Do not sit on the hospital beds.
Waikato DHB visitor policy
- Waikato DHB recognises the importance of visits from family, friends and supporters in the care and treatment of patients.
- Waikato DHB staff are responsible for ensuring that the well being, care
and progress of a patient, or other patients in the near vicinity, is
not disrupted by visitors.
- Patient care shall take priority over the requirements of visitors.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the ward or unit when the patient is receiving clinical care.
- Where visitors are behaving inappropriately, or are not showing
consideration for patients, they will be asked to leave Waikato DHB
- Business visitors shall not have unauthorised access to
Waikato DHB facilities. Business visitors must be identified and adhere
to the procedures on each campus.
- Where a business visitor or charitable organisation does
not comply with this policy they will be requested to leave immediately
and if they fail to do so will be escorted off the campus by security or
in the case of our facilities without security arrangements in place,
by staff members authorised to do so by the Chief Executive.