Keep our emergency department for real emergencies
- Coromandel Family Health Centre - Ph: 07 866 8500
- Mercury Bay Medical Centre - Ph: 07 866 5911
- Paeroa Medical Centre - Ph: 07 862 8755
- Pauanui Medical Centre - Ph: 07 864 8404
- Te Korowai Hauora o Hauraki - Ph: 07 868 0033
- Thames Medical Centre - Ph: 07 868 9444
- Waihi Health Centre - Ph: 07 863 8195
- Whangamata Medical Centre - Ph: 07 865 8032
Most general practices are open Monday–Friday. If you need medical attention, call your practice for information on where to go or contact Healthline on 0800 611 116.
Go to emergency department only for serious accidents or critical medical attention.
After hours clinics
Call your practice or Health Line on 0800 611 116 more information.
- Phone 07 886 6111 to access the GP that is providing after hours cover until 6pm each evening Monday - Friday
- Visit the Fast Track GP clinic situated at Tokoroa Hospital from 10am - 4pm every Saturday
- Or phone 07 886 6111 to access HML nurse triage for advice
Call Healthline 0800 611 116
Healthline is a free telephone health advice service for all the family
- Healthline’s registered nurses ask you questions about the symptoms, condition or illness you’re ringing about. From your answers, they’ll recommend the best thing to do.
- They can also tell you where to find your nearest GP after-hours service, hospital emergency department, pharmacy, or out-of-hours dental surgery.
- Healthline can also provide general health information on a wide range of topics.
For more information visit Ministry of Health website
- I have enough medicine and supplies
- I am up to date with my tests and other health needs
- I have checked my medical centre’s operating hours and telephone number
- I know where my closest after hours medical centre is
- I have reminded my family and friends to also be prepared
Practice opening hours during 2013-2014 holidays
In the media